Online casino novices need to be aware that two types of roulette tables are American Roulette and European Roulette. If they want to succeed at any roulette table, they need to understand the differences. A better chance of winning is for an informed gambler to understand the game’s odds.
There are thirty-eight slots on the American Roulette wheel. The number of numbered places ranges from one to thirty-six, plus two additional spaces that include zero or a double zero.
European Roulette also has numbered slots ranging from 1 to 30 six, but only one zero slots. This brings the total number to thirty-seven.
Types of betting
You can place various bets on a European and American Roulette table. In addition, different types of bets offer other odds.
- Inside Bets
- Single number – 35/1
- Split betting is when you place a bet on two numbers, 17:1
- A street bet is made up of three numbers: 11:1
- A corner bet refers to a chance that is split between four numbers, 8:1.
- Five numbers offer – 6:1
- Six numbers – 5 to 1.
- Outside Bets
- The column is made up of twelve numbers.
- Dozen also includes twelve numbers – 2
- High or Low is composed of eighteen numbers each.
- Red and Black can also be composed of eighteen numbers.
- Eighteen numbers make Odd or Even – 1:1
Variations in betting
American Roulette provides a unique opportunity for betting with a Top Line bet consisting of five numbers and an additional zero slot number. On the other hand, European Roulette offers a variety of unique Call bets. European Roulette is more popular than American Roulette because it has a higher house edge percentage (around 2.8%) and a lower rate (about 5.2%).
You can place as many mixed bets as you like on the table. However, it is essential to limit the number of possible winning combinations. An example would be a player placing a bet on Red and a similar bet on Black. If Red wins, the player loses the Black bet. The player is not moving fast enough.